Monday, January 4, 2010

Dolce Far Niente

I’ve never been a great fan of doing nothing. In fact, my values and self-worth are inextricably tied with a full complement of tasks to accomplish and the finished to-do list. Today, I simply spent the entire day doing absolutely nothing. Oddly, I felt no guilt and simply enjoyed myself.

We had the great pleasure of meeting several members of Laura’s family today, and I’m looking forward to a great week of getting to know them. I enjoyed the pool and the ocean today. The sun was hot and bright late in the morning and at the beginning of the afternoon. I was happy to see the clouds move  – better for the fair skinned among us.

I took a few pictures. I like these two: the first is of Laura and Amber, one of her bridesmaids. In the second, Harry and Marilyn are with Bob, Chris and Becky.







1 comment:

  1. Marilyn looks so much like I remember you. Glad you finally got some sun.

    ReplyDelete