Monday, January 4, 2010

Mosquito Zone

This week will go into the memory bank as one of my top mosquito vacations, along with my first summer in Minnesota, when we were camping in Willmar. I came away from that weekend with a fever and a swollen face, and thought I had developed encephalitis. Since then, mosquito control has improved so much in Minnesota that I’m bitten only a few times in an entire summer. In only two days in Punta Cana, I’ve been bitten from head to toe, especially my arms and legs. I’m covered with welts, many the size of a quarter; others have turned into bruises.
The only mosquito free zone seems to be in the water.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the mosquitoes. we were in Punta Cana a few years ago and I can't recall any. You will have to tell us wehre you are and the pluses and minuses by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete