Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Walk on the Beach at Sunset

We had a free hour before dinner so I headed out with my camera to walk on the beach. The sand is soft on the feet, but it packs well so walking is easy. By the time I got past the nature preserve, an area I hope to explore later in the week, the sun was setting rapidly and a security guard for the preserve stopped me to warn that the beach in that area is very dangerous after dark. I quickly turned around and headed back, hoping to beat the rapidly encroaching darkness. When I had walked a few hundred feet, I turned around to take a photo and, out of nowhere, a wild horse appeared and ran down the beach, toward the point I had been approaching earlier. It was one of those magic moments.
By the time I got back to the resort, the palms all looked the same and I wasn’t quite sure where to turn away from the beach. Another security guard pointed me in the right direction. Bob, Chris, Becky and I had dinner at the Seaside Grill, where the menu and the presentation of various dishes looked more appetizing that they tasted. The exception was Chris’ medallions of beef, Caribbean style.
We’re looking forward to the arrival of the Toronto party later tonight. I am very tired, so I won’t be greeting them this evening after they arrive at the hotel. We’ll have plenty of time to visit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment